If you own a business and don’t have a website, your business basically doesn’t exist. Representing your business on the Internet today is a must. Where else can your customers get any information they need, ask you questions any time they need, and buy your products all at once?
A website is a very powerful tool in the small business owner’s pocket. Ensuring that your website is clean, legible, and eye-catching sharpens that tool. You want to make it as easy as possible for your customers, potential and already loyal regulars, to be able to navigate your website efficiently so that they can do what they came there for - to buy your product or service.
As if you needed more reasons to create your web presence with a great website, here’s 5 more:
- Build unbreakable trust and strong credibility with your customers. Having a place your patrons know that they can come to your website time and time again for exactly what they know and expect from you is a great trust builder. Securing your business with a domain name your customers recognize you with and associate your brand with is an important part in this role as well. If executed well, your customers will know they can depend on your website to have what they need, bringing them back to you for future business.
- Drive Traffic to Your Brick and Mortar Storefront. According to the 2014 State of B2B Procurement study from the Acquity Group, 94 percent of people will do online research before purchasing a product, 84.3% of which checked business websites in their research. Customers looking for information like store hours, your exact location and street address, or even pricing for your services are more likely to visit a storefront if you do your business at a brick and mortar location.
- Expand Your Market. As of June 2017, 51% of the world’s population has access to the Internet(1). That’s 3.876 billion people! Your web presence will be entirely shareable with the simple copy and paste of your website URL. Making it as easy as sharing a link on Facebook or even in a text message with friends will expand your business immensely. Your potential customers are endless with a website.
- Effortless Marketing. Your website is a representation of your business, a functional and interactive billboard. Put everything you want your customers to see and nothing you don’t. Your website can feature coupons or site specific deals to bring customers in or make them feel even better about their purchase. Search Engine Optimization (SEO for short) is key for bringing more people to your site. Having your SEO on point increases the ranking of your website and drives more traffic to your site.
- Always Being Open With E-Commerce. If you have a product that you also sell in retail stores, you can absolutely sell it online. Customers can purchase whenever they want to and you can increase sales immensely by offering your products for sale on your website. This makes it insanely easy for anyone to have your product. This is also a prime opportunity to sell digital products, such as memberships, e-books, or services you offer.
The moral of the story is...
It is no longer a choice in 2018 to have a website for your business - it is a must. Having a clean website that your customers can associate your business with will show that your business and product are credible and trustworthy. Using your website as a tool to drive more traffic to your actual storefront or help your customers spread the word about your product will increase your sales like nothing else. Reach anyone who has access to the Internet and always be available to your customers by selling your products online and making yourself known with a strong online presence. Start making your website today, there’s not another moment to lose!